Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Lots on my plate

It's been a while since the last post, I do want to apologize for the absence.

The world tea expo just wrapped up on the past Sunday, one of the biggest tea emphasized event, or shall I say the one and only commercial tea emphasized event in the US. My friend and I walked up and down the isles for 2 days meeting vendors and learning new products. Met a few familiar faces and a lot of new ones. It's a small world indeed, a couple of exhibitors turned out to be seniors of my tea master 20 years ago.

An other project's occupying my time is working on the new website, which I take very little part in. Majority of the work is done by my friend a computer guru FW. If I had to do all the work on my own, it would take another 2 years and the quality would only measure to half of what it will be. Designing a website is no easy task, the details required to make a functional and user friendly site with clarity is enormous. At times I feel lost in a giant sea of information. The new e-commerce site is still under construction at this time, will announce the completion date as soon as possible.

The shop is constantly transforming as well. Rearranging displays, packaging design, gift ideas, promotional ideas, working with local school community are taking a lot of my time. As a new business, I like to regenerate the cosmetics of the business continuously base on a solid foundation.

Well, of course there are tons of bills to pay which takes away a big chunk of my time as well. :P

Work hard and play hard, my play time is drinking good tea with good company. Cheers to you all!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Hello! Did we meet you at the expo?

Sorry to leave this in a comment, but I couldn't find an email address on your blog.

I just wanted to reach out to you as we just launched a new line of organic tea from Bangladesh. Also we have just uploaded a beautiful HD video that was filmed at the tea garden in Bangladesh. I would love for you to take a look at it and give us any feedback that you may have! And feel free to embed to your own blog.


On Vimeo:
http://www.vimeo.com/1112853

On Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAEazYy25E

Cheers,
Brianne