Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My first tea tree

I got this last week, it's a small plant sown from seed.  The seller did not specify the varietal only informing seeds are from China. Let's play the elimination game for now until I receive feedback from China for its identity.  From the look of leaves, it is not pu-erh, it is not green tea, it is not wuyi rock tea, not dan cong either.  I am aiming for one of the varietals from Anxi oolong region.  My guess is Huang Jin Gui.

One might wonder why plant a tea tree, and why years later?  Well, I wish I could have started a few years back so it would be producing by now.  Last year, I visited the long jing producing region and had young tea leaves fried free range chicken eggs.  It was so refreshing and delicious, I can not forget how wonderful it tasted.  So planting a tea tree solely for this purpose is in my mind ever since. 

No comments: