Friday, July 03, 2009

Kid in the candy land

Tea has led me to more facets of life than anything else in my past experience, definitely much more than years of education. Although I do not deny education has served me well, without education, I may not be able to comprehend materials I now find extremely fascinating.

I started learning Kung Fu tea almost 10 years ago. Many of those years were stagnant until the last 3 years or so when I open a tea store. Having feed backs is perhaps the most motivating force of mine to absorb knowledge as much and as fast as I could. I feel like Sponge Bob some times.

Tea is in liquid form, as water melted from glaciers from every mountains on this planet, runs down the plateaus, travels through terrains, valleys, down the streams, gathers in lakes, rushes through rivers, then mixes in oceans.

Tea has taken me through better health both physical and spiritual, opened my eyes to Chinese tea culture, then Chinese culture as a broad horizon. I am now a kid running through the prairies discovering fascinating maters one after another.

Customers with health issues send me looking for alternative remedies which lead me to Chinese Medicine. Huang Di Nei Jing is the bible of Chinese Medicine which is not about healing, but a philosophy book about human should live cohesively and compliant with nature for better health, therefore not prone to sickness. This Chinese classic has lead me down to my next fascination, Zhou Yi (I-Ching). Zhou Yi is crowned the Emperor of all Chinese classics, written more than 3000 years ago. It was then explained by Confucius and his dispels 1000 years later as another text Yi Zhuan. Yi Zhuan is a combined interpretation of Lao Zi (Daoism), Meng Zi, Mo Zi, Budhhadism and Confuciusm. For the following 2000 years, studies of Zhou Yi has never stopped. There are new theories, new interpretations based on current society conditions. No mater where what and how, as water flows, we all end up in one place only spiritually, the ocean, ocean of truth. The truth of what one should be while we are here on earth. Seek and live the truth consciously. Of course this is easier said than done. :I

Reading ancient Chinese classics is exciting. I can read Chinese as well as a 3rd grader, ancient Chinese was Russian to me at one point. With new editions of ancient classics written in today's Chinese, I am able to understand the surface of these texts little by little. The more I read, the more I find them exhilarating, each word has meanings deep and broad as the great lakes. I'll be busy for the rest of my life. :D

No comments: