Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'll be on LA Times!

I am secretly jumping in joy! This morning, I received a call from the editor of LA Times. They want to write a story about my tea shop and feature it in the Food section. AAAAAAAAAH!

It's the best birthday present ever! This turns out to be the most eventful birthday I have ever had. Having one of the best teas in the world Da Wu Zi Dan Cong (I thought that was all I will have for this year's birthday), going away for a weekend at one of the best resorts (Two Bunch Palms - adults only resort) in Palm Spring for 1/2 the price (can't get any better than that eh?), now my tea shop will be featured on LA Times! Wow, that tops it all.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I will be on the look-out for the piece.

misaacka said...

Imen, this is wonderful recognition--and totally, completely deserved. I doubt they'll be able to do justice to all you have to offer, but I'm thrilled that they're gonna try, anyway. Let us know when the piece runs--and congratulations!

Imen said...

Thank you H!



Jane,

You are too kind! The actual date of publication is not set at this time, photo shoot is next wednesday, it will at least be 3 weeks later or longer. Will keep you posted then. :)

Thanks!

Katrina said...

Congrats, Imen. Wonderful news! (And happy birthday too...)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You're a celebrity. That's a pretty big paper to be featured in. You deserve it for your specialty shop, I must say. I can see why they're doing it. Dan Cong is the kind of niche interest that has class and should draw the press because you're practically an "only" in the tea world. The media likes "most" and "only" stories, and you're always going to be one of those. Congratulations. --Jason

Imen said...

Jason,

I wouldn't go that far! :P

But I am happy that Dan Cong has made a name for its excellence in the US, and I feel I have a nice report card to take back to my master and thank him for sharing his knowledge and giving of encouragement.

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words. :)

Imen said...

Katrina,

Thank you!

Cheers.. :)