Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Missing


I have a Dan Cong old bush oolong tea named Missing Knot. In the last couple of weeks of post store days, the knot is in my chest, missing my days of hosting tea tastings, days of interesting people walking through my door, sitting at my tea bar, chatting away while drinking tea, then leave with a smile longing to come back soon. I miss it immensely! I miss holding a gaiwan gently shaking the golden dews of Dan Cong teas, landing each droplet softly into cups of golden liquors, ripples bouncing on walls of white porcelain cups. I miss the freedom to create my tea environment, playing with water, crystals, fire, smoke, discovering the taste of teas in combination of many parameters at the convenience of a well equipped surrounding. I miss the freedom to immerse myself in my own research and discovery of the tea world at will. It was sanctuary of my soul, where it was the most creative, comfortable and peaceful (minus the business operation of course)!

The reality is I was too busy with other important matters, I didn't want to lift my wound of closing the old store location. I am sure I'll feel better when the new location is ready to open.

Missing......

3 comments:

Herb Master said...

In the meantime you can make great progress on your book!

Ryan said...

Miss you too, Imen. I hope your various projects and reopening are coming along well.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I came by the PV location Saturday, when spring break started for me. Reaction: I AM IN DESPAIR!

Can't wait for the new place to be opened... have some interested friends from Santa Barbara. I hope opening goes well, and I shall see you in June!