Saturday, October 02, 2010

How much tea do you drink in a year?

How long does 1 lb or 500 grams of tea last you? Do not include RTD bottled teas.

I never really count how much tea leaves I drink in a year. So let's do some calculation. Personal use only (not including for work or friends), I drink 3 sessions of tea per day, average of 3 to 4 g per session, that's 9-12 g per day, a 500 g bag can last me 1.5 months. In a year, I use up 8 to 9 lbs of tea. Right on the average of Chao Zhou tea consumption per capita.

On the higher end of the scale, a lb of TGY or High mountain oolong can be consumed quicker due to the density of the leaves, averaging 20 days for a pound by normal daily drinking. This number is shared by a bunch of TGY tea heads, mainly Chinese.

Feel free to share your habit... :D

No comments: