Friday, September 11, 2009

Gifts!

My tea shop has brought many good people here over the years. In particularly people with trained palates. JM came in with creme brulees, fine sugar and a torch one day, blasting right on the counter top. It can't get any better than that! The chocolate cookies are heavenly as well. JM is trained as a professional pastry chef in Europe, worked at fine establishments such as Neiman Marcus, Spagos. The creme brulees are the creamiest I ever had, sprinkled with ground Tahitian vanilla beans. I feel like a star in heaven! :D

JM is eclectic and well versed in many subjects we share interests in. A generous soul that he is gave me a Chinese medicine book from his own library collection, Japanese ceramic cups and plates as gifts. I can't thank him enough!

LA Times mentioned my orchid obsession, that brought many orchid growers into my store. G gave me a couple of orchid plants from his mother's orchid collections whom has been growing orchids for more than 30 years. I am not an expert in orchid growing. I am one of those who buys a a plant because of its beauty and not already in my collection. You can call me the possessive kind without much knowledge in depth (because most of my time are devoted to tea). The flowers are so large stretching 6 to 7 inches across, beautiful fragrance that illuminated my whole store. I love coming in the morning when the fragrance filled the entire room in concentration.

Thank you all for fueling my many obsessions! I can say thank you a thousand times. I am just very grateful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That publicity has made you rather famous. I can almost smell the flowers myself. --Spirituality of Tea