Monday, January 07, 2008

World of Pu-erh class

It's my honor to have Jason teach "The world of Pu-erh" class at my store on Saturday afternoon. Not only Jason well prepared the material, he also shared some of his finest collection of pu-erh teas, including 70's Guang Yun Gong, and 50's loose pu-erh. They were the high light of the post class drinking marathon. Needless to say, the class was eventually end up as a drinking spree, it's the magic of tea. Jason of course is a perfect teacoholic drinking buddy, 1 he has the passion and knowledge, 2 he has GOOD tea, and 3 he can drink and drink and drink more tea than any one I know of. It was a wonderful event ended with the right amount of tea drunk! A couple of times I was over drunk.

We went through many many teas, due to my lack of expressive description capability, I will skip the tasting notes.

Here are some pictures of the class. We did video taped the speech, Jason will make that available to the public soon.

Jason - speaker of the class.


Attendees studying various types/shapes of pu-erh teas.


Mushroom green pu and orange rind shu pu provided by Jason.


70's Guang Yun Gong! This tea makes me salivate just thinking about it.


Wet leaves of 70's Guang Yun Gong (left) and 50's loose pu (right).


Wet leaves of 2006 green (left) and late 90's green, see color difference for reference of aging.

No comments: